Pure Medical Staffing is a leader in providing temporary and permanent staffing solutions to medical facilities nationwide.
Position: Director of Respiratory Therapy
Type: Direct Hire
Start Date: ASAP
The Director of Respiratory Therapy is responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising all the functions within the department including testing, staffing, training, scheduling, budgeting, maintaining supplies, and meeting regulatory requirements. The position interacts with other departments, physicians, administration, patients and family members to assure positive outcomes are achieved. The therapist is responsible to demonstrate excellence in patient care, as an educator and leader within the department
• Supervises care of patients in the Respiratory Therapy Department.
• Performs EKGs.
• Schedules, tracks, prepares, and obtains all necessary paper work for sleep laboratory.
• Performs Home Sleep Studies.
• Participates in Trauma Alerts.
• Directs the department’s performance improvement activities and ensures compliance with accreditation and regulatory agencies.
• Directs and participates in the compilation and analysis of data on departmental activities and services and prepares related reports.
• Responsible for accurate and thoroughly documented quality control, quality assurance, maintenance, and service records to assure quality test results and instrument and equipment functioning.
• Establishes policies and procedures for the assessment, evaluation, planning and documentation of care provided to patients in the following age groups: infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. This care will be delivered in accordance with established standards of performance.
• Performs duties in accordance with state and national respiratory therapy standards as well as departmental policies and procedures.
• Responsible for Respiratory & Nursing staff orientation, training, and competencies to respiratory therapy procedures.
• Participates in the preparation of the annual budget for the Respiratory Care Department, reviews the budget performance of the department and analyzes and identifies variances.
• Reports and follows up on potential risk management, HIPAA, and quality and safety issues on a timely basis to Chief Nursing Officer and/or appropriate committee.
• Assists patients with Smoking Cessation.
• Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position. Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix. Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
• Ensures that all licensed or certified personnel maintain and provide the hospital with proof of current licensure of certification.
• Has exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials. Must practice aseptic techniques and observe standard precautions. Position is subject to frequent interruptions. Work may be beyond normal working hours when necessary.
Preparation and Training: Requires a Bachelors degree from an accredited Respiratory Care program or other related field. Preference for two years experience as a Respiratory Therapist with proven leadership skills. Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all procedures, indications, contraindications and hazards involved in respiratory care and knowledge of life support equipment. Must be able to demonstrate the ability and knowledge required to utilize computers for patient documentation and data gathering for quality care.
Licensure/Certification: Must be licensed to practice Respiratory Therapy in the state of Iowa. Must have BLS certification upon hire. ACLS and PALS within one year of employment.
Salary: This position is exempt, salaried. Minimum annual salary is based on candidate with no management experience. Salary is based on data from Iowa Hospital Association and is set according to years of experience.
Flexible career options including travel jobs, local contract jobs, direct hire
Access to nationwide healthcare facilities – hospitals, rehab centers, outpatient clinics, skilled nursing facilities, schools and more!
Knowledgeable, experienced recruiters
Free professional liability insurance
Great pay and benefits
Weekly direct deposit
Tax advantage plan: tax free lodging and meal stipends
Professional license reimbursement
Medical and dental insurance
Referral bonus program
Resume evaluation and formatting
Continuing education reimbursement
Customer service. 24 hours per day. 7 days a week.
We place Nursing and Allied Health professionals in Travel and Permanent opportunities nationwide. Our philosophy is to provide our clients and employees with a service that is second to none. Our in-depth knowledge of the healthcare staffing industry means that you will always benefit from a professional and responsive service. We strive for pure excellence!
Large enough to deliver. Small enough to listen. Perfect choice for you.