Pure Medical Staffing is a leader in providing temporary and permanent staffing solutions to medical facilities nationwide.
Position: Diagnostic Medical Physicist
Type: Permanent Position
Job Start Date: ASAP
Number of Positions: 1
Position Summary: Plans, coordinates, directs and supervises the activities and uses of personnel, equipment and supplies.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities: 1. Develops and oversees diagnostic medical physics quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) applied to the diagnostic radiology clinical environment to assure proper medical care is provided to patients according to the ALARA principle (as low as reasonably achievable).
2. Provides diagnostic medical physics compliance with various regulatory agency requirements, including measure of radiation dosimetry and image quality data for radiological imaging equipment specifications.
3. Assists in the development and implementation of imaging protocols consistent with national standards and documenting their safety, efficacy, and image quality.
4. Ensures safe and efficacious use of radiation-producing devices and radioactive materials through documentation and training, proper testing, development of appropriate departmental radiation safety procedures, determination of proper shielding, and delivery protocols.
5. Measures patient radiation dosimetry, compares dosimetry to published surveys for similar examinations, and calculates specific organ dosimetry or fetal dose for diagnostic radiographic examinations.
6. Maintains in good standing all federal, state and local licenses and accreditations applicable to radioactive materials or radiation-producing devices and assures compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
7. Provides in-service education to physicians and staff and maintains records of compliance with state and national regulations relating to use of radiation producing equipment in the medical setting.
8. Supports physicians and staff and encourages them to act with appropriate authority over and responsibility for the work processes in which they are involved.
9. Maintains radiation safety badge and lead apron programs across areas of responsibility and reports compliance and issues to Medical Directors and Radiation Safety Officer.
10. Promotes cost-effective operations through radiological imaging equipment specifications, evaluation, selection and utilization review.
11. Provides technical medical physics support in the design, development and implementation of new techniques or products that enhance the quality of patient care.
12. Conducts acceptance testing of new and reconditioned radiological imaging equipment to ensure that the equipment meets or exceeds vendor specifications and institutional uses.
13. Assists in the development of new procedures to support participation in clinical trials and filing of appropriate tests and documents to obtain trial credentials.
14. Performs other related work as required or requested.
Master's or PhD degree in Medical Physics or Physics
American Board of Radiology Certification in Diagnostic Radiological Physics or American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) required (AAPM does not currently offer this credential but individuals who hold the credential may maintain certification.)
Registration or qualified as an approved diagnostic imaging specialist by the Illinois Emergency Management Agency.
Certification in Therapeutic Radiological Physics highly desirable.
Three to five years of experience in Diagnostic Medical Physics required.
Experience in radiation-producing equipment installation, calibration, commissioning, and acceptance.
Experience in American College of Radiology accreditation practices.
Membership and participation in professional development activities though the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM).
Flexible career options including travel jobs, local contract jobs, direct hire
Access to nationwide health care facilities – hospitals, rehab centers, outpatient clinics, skilled nursing facilities, schools and more
Knowledgeable, experienced recruiters
Free professional liability insurance
Great pay and benefits
Weekly direct deposit
Tax advantage plan: tax free lodging and meal stipends
Professional license reimbursement
Medical and dental insurance
Referral bonus program
Resume evaluation and formatting
Continuing education reimbursement
Customer service. 24 hours per day. 7 days a week
We place Nursing and Allied Health professionals in Travel and Permanent opportunities nationwide. Our philosophy is to provide our clients and employees with a service that is second to none. Our in-depth knowledge of the health care staffing industry means that you will always benefit from a professional and responsive service. We strive for pure excellence!
Pure Medical Staffing does not sponsor HB-1 Visa candidates.